Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

She's Proud of Me......

I've let some pictures pile up without sharing. Here are a few....

Nori watching carefully as her Gammy speed peels some potatoes for the potato salad we had on Monday. She is the best peeler ever!

I had the kids cut the pickles for the potato salad as well. It was truly a team effort. The girls actually ate most of their pickles, but at least they tried to help....

A big dinner to say "be careful" to Josh as he headed out on his first out of state trip with his new job.

Mom spent some time in her room. I hope she didn't actually expect privacy! (She was feeling kind of yucky)

Tuesday, Neva helped her Gammy take out the trash. Mom REALLY wasn't doing good on this day.

As he was headed out.....



Quite possibly the worst day I have seen of mama so far. This was Thursday. She was pitiful.
I had a rough night Thursday after seeing her so horrible. Then on Friday morning, she surprised all of us when she woke up (ON HER OWN) got dressed and drove her own car to town! She even went in Wal-Mart with me to get party supplies!

Since she felt so good, I headed home to let the girls get a little fun home-time.

The next day was Nori's 2nd bday party. I can't believe my little princess is already 2. Well, her bday is actually on the 5th, but since I am having Mili tomorrow,  I rushed the party. It is the most thrown together party EVER. The day started with us going to Mi Casitas for lunch. Mom didn't eat too good. But she DID go. She was quiet and seemed tired. I could tell she was in  some pain too.

Nap time at Gammy's house. Aunt Sharon and Kason were there too.

See what I am talking about? Nori doesn't even watch Dora! When I asked her what kind of party she wanted, she said "Dora". So, I went with it. That cake was beautiful and delish too!

Mom woke Nori from nap, got her ready and brought her to the donut shop for the party.

Aunt Punk smiling on Nori and Amber

The sun through the windows was a killer. I had hot flashes the whole time...

My baby is growing up....

Whats up with the fake smiles?

The boys enjoyed the cake!

Poor Rylee....That sun was baking us all.

It didn't stop the girls from enjoying the gift opening process!

I tried not to look at her. I was thankful she was there, but man, I missed the laughing and joking and healthy mom....

See, I was sweating down.

You can't really tell, but Nori has makeup all over her face. She got a ton of makeup for her bday.

Then, today was our last little tea party with just "us girls". The girls got all dressed up and we had princess cookies. They are so precious. They are my everything.

Here is Nori fixing her Gammy's "hair". Mom sounded EXCELLENT on the phone this morning. I haven't seen her, because Nori has been sick. Hearing her say "ONE MORE DAY!!!! I am SO excited!!!!" over the phone, took me back to a healthier mom. When she showed up at my house today to babysit for my final dr's appt, I was disappointed at what I saw. I guess I literally thought I would open the door to my precancer mom. She looked like she was hurting. She admitted that she was having some pretty intense pain in her side that the meds were not controlling.
 When I got back, mom was ok. She immediately starting putting her shoes on to head home. I was really worried about her. I asked if she really thought she was going to be able to be in the delivery room and she responded quickly "YES! I am going to be there!".

I have to admit, I am very, very nervous. What do you do with 3 kids? Where do you put your groceries in the buggy? How will the girls adapt? How will mom do without me glued to her side? HOW WILL I DO WITHOUT BEING GLUED TO MOM'S SIDE? Will Mili be okay? Can I do this? Can I balance it all?

When mom got home today, sensing my nervousness, she called to soothe me a bit. She said " you have done it! It's over! You have breezed through a pregnancy with two kids, a sick mom and a husband that works all the time. You are so good at being a mom! You didn't get it from me.....I don't know where you got it from. I am SOOO proud of you. Tomorrow we are getting a brand new little baby! I love you so much!"

I reminded her that I got EVERYTHING from her. She is responsible for all that is good in me (and some of the bad too). I started to cry hearing her praise me. " I don't know why you are so hard on yourself. It kills me that you are so critical of yourself. You are a great mama. I AM so proud of you. You know that." I do know it. But, I can't hear it enough. We spoke for a while longer. She made me feel ALOT better. I could tell she was still hurting. But she put her horrible pain aside to soothe my fears.

She SAID I didn't get my "mama skills" from her.....Her actions everyday prove otherwise. What a lady. What a mama. She's proud of me?  I am proud of HER!

Wish me Luck.....

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog and I just have to say that you are amazing. Amazing Mother, daughter, sister, wife, & WRITER! I just saw on Facebook that you delivered a healthy baby and that your Mama was there!! Congratulations on your new angel, she is lucky to have you and I pray for your Mama daily!
    Christie (Walters) Darnell

    ReplyDelete